How is it that the older you get, the faster time flies by? Is it really that we are just having that much fun? Too busy? Sleep more? WHAT IS IT!!?!
Every year starts the same: I am going to eat better, work out more, read more, be kinder, do more community service, be smarter in business, travel more….etc. But as life happens….resolutions and goals seem more like dreams and fantasies. They become empty promises that we break with ourself.
NO, thats not negative…thats truth. As a parent, wife, business owner and wearer of multiple hats, its amazing if I remember to drink ONE glass of water a week or potty once a day. There are so many other people I have responsibilities towards, before myself in any given day. I love my crazy, hectic life….but it does make LITTLE time for my own needs, wants and desires.
Nonetheless, I DO BELIEVE that unless you say what you want in life OUT LOUD…or in this case, write them down, they will never happen. No one can hold you accountable if they don’t know. You can’t gain support or wisdom from others if you don’t ask for help. Right!?
PERSONAL and BUSINESS Resolutions and Goals for 2017:
- Be CONSTANT with the gym. Even if its only 2 days a week, I am going to MAKE 2 hours MINIMUM a week for either a work out at home or in the gym. Starting small, so I have no where to go but UP!
- Cook at home more. We spend SO MUCH MONEY eating out in the week and its because I have zero time to shop, prep and cook and clean. Delegation and smart meal planning is on the resolution list this year!
- FAMILY DINNER/GAME NIGHT! Now I won’t lie. THIS IS GOING TO BE HARD. The kids have crazy schedules and so do Mike and I. Especially when my busy season kicks in. But no matter what ONE night a week we will eat as a family and play a game or do a family fun event! Its so important!
- Trucker Mouth! Yes, guilty. I have my moments. We got a “POTTY MOUTH” jar with a lock on it. Its a quarter every time and once filled, the KIDS get to choose what we do with it. Lord help me!
- Set up savings accounts and better budgets for the kids college fund, travel fund, home improvement etc. We have some set up, but this area could use some work! Dave Ramsey…Call me, maybe!
- Host 2 workshops in my home that are LOCK-IN style. Meaning, 4-6 girls…styled workshop, sleeping in my house, cooking dinner, and education! Its always been a dream of mine…so to be able to host photographers here in my home and incorporate real life with education and something pretty to shoot…ugh…GOALS!
- Get Back to Charleston. I don’t care when or how. It just want to step foot in my future home sometime in 2017.
- Get cracking on my biggest dream, writing a 3 series book. The 3 titles and 3 outlines are done…but now the hard part writing! Any ghost writers out there?
- Read 5 books. Last year I did 4. And that was HUGE!
- Create photo albums of my family and get my pictures PRINTED!
Truth be told for many of us….we have resolutions, goals and dreams that if we really wrote them all down, we would spend a solid DAY of our NEW year just sorting out our thoughts, not to mention the time it would take to write them all down.
The best way to make sure that resolutions and goals HAPPEN are to write down a few you KNOW you can achieve and a few that challenge you. Set yourself up to win, not to fail. Change your mindset from “one can dream” to “I can do!”. I wish you all a wonderful NEW YEAR achieving what you KNOW you can and striving to do all you dream and strive for!
xoxo, Kaitlin Noel
Photo Credit: Heather Michelle Photography